Top 10 Places To Travel In Odisha


Today I just got an idea that why don't I share some thoughts of me about traveling places in Odisha, India . As it is my birth state I wish I could bring up some good information about tourism in my state.


Firstly lets talk about Odisha.

Odisha is an eastern Indian state on the bay of Bengal. It is known for its tribal cultures and its many ancient Hindu temples. The capital of this state Bhubaneswar, is home to hundreds of temples. 

As I wrote about that it means there are a lot of temples in Odisha. Of course there is.
I don't know will I be able to all traveling places correctly, but I write the best which I traveled at least before now. I am giving here my experiences about the top 10 places to travel in Odisha. 
Or in other words Top 10 day trips in Odisha.

1. Jagannath Temple, Puri


I don't know either it right or not to put this on top of my list, but I think this is the most important traveling place in Odisha. The temple is an Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Jagannath , one form of Vishnu, in Puri in the state of Odisha. This situated in the eastern coast of India. The temple is an Impotant piligrime destination. 

Besides that there is one other interesting fact is anyone from any corner in India will don't know this state name but for sure they know about this temple. Like I met someone in train on my trip to Delhi, he asked where I came from?? I simply said  Odisha, but he cant recognise that . After sometime he said you mean from Lord "Jagannath dham" !!! This is the magic of this place so I put it on my list as first.

2. Konark Sun Temple



This temple is a 13th century Hindu temple , which is dedicated to the Sun God. It looks like a giant chariot. It is known for the exquisite stone carvings that cover the entire structure of the temple. It is also the best known tourist destination in Odisha . Just go and look the temple and the hand made works done here you just feel amaze. 
The first one and this one come very close just I from here so I choose to put that first.

3. Chilika Lake 

 

It is the second largest lake in India. It spread over Ganjam , Khorda & Puri (3 districts of Odisha). It is famous for its scenery, natural beauty. It is a favourite of migratory birds around 225 species of birds come here every year. Some also covering distance about 10000 to 12000 k.m. Famous for bird watching, capturing beautiful pictures of birds. Also you can enjoy boat ride here. Again there is Kalijai Temple in the heart of this lake , you can go there by boats. The ride will be amazing.

4. Cuttack 





One of the vintage cities and popular tourist places in Odisha. It is quite enjoyable  as you can find many attractive places at once. Like you can see the river Mahanadi, the Barabati fort , Bhitarakanika sanctuary, the Dhabaleswar temple on the shore of river Mahanadi. It is worth visit. 

5. Jeypore





It is one of the best tourist places in Odisha. Especially for nature lovers. I don't know but you will lost yourself there in the nature.  This is know for  the spellbinding views of rocky mountains, waterfalls, lush green natures. You can go to Deomali, the higest peak of the state which is not far away from Jeypore. There are some quite marvellous places like Gupteswar caves, Sunabeda, Hatipathar , Kolab Dam etc.

But in my say just book a train from koraput to jeypore in rainy and winter season  and you will get the most amazing views of nature .

6. Sambalpur



It is known for its cultural sites and natural sites also. It is one of the important tourist places in Odisha. It has numerous waterfalls , forests that invites photography lovers, nature lovers. it has the lagest dam Hirakud dam, Samaleswari temple, Ushakothi wildlife sanctuaries .  For all of these attractions it is worth visit.

7. Chandipur


It is another best place to visit. If someone want to live by the sea it should be their best pick. Other than its unique disappearing sea, it is famous for its seafood. The prawns are the best here to eat. The town here is very peaceful. The Chandipur beach ,  where the sea recedes up to 5 km providing the scope to walk on the sea bed to collect many sea items like sea shells, red crabs, turtles etc. 

8. Gopalpur , Berhampur




This my favorite one. Like it is in my hearts and mind as I spend near about 8 years here. If someone like port towns then this is the best pick. It located on the Bay of Bengel coast , towards the south of this state. It is one of the top tourist places of Odisha. I recommend at least go once here. Near it you can find two to three beaches ,port. Also it would be very budget friendly for those who on budget.  

9. Daringbadi


It is one of the best tourist places in Odisha state. It is a hill station. It is also referred as the "Kashmir of Odisha". Best you to enjoy is take a road trip to this hill station and enjoy the best views. You can find many more attractive places near it. Like Doluri River , Putudi Waterfalls, Dasingbadi Waterfalls, Badangia Waterfalls , Hillview park etc.

10. Gandahati Waterfalls 



This is a tricky one , but I would go with it. Because it has that charisma that attracts someone even more. It is a place which suits all, If you are couple , or be with family , or with friends , all can enjoy. The view of the waterfall is very nice. As I visited here before. Taking bath in the waterfall is very amazing. You can see awesome scenery from here and also while you visit here. If someone is nature lover then this place is worth visit. I will describe about this place in my next blog.


So these are my opinions about the Top 10 Places To Travel In Odisha. I clearly think of think of it and posted. If anyone have other suggestions please make comment. So please share your thoughts about it and help me learn more.  





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL WITH NO MONEY

One Day Trip To Gandahati Waterfall